All android users will experience this issue sooner or later, it is a very common issue, and the fix is to run the chkdsk command from windows PC, it fixes the most SD card issues.
how to know if your SD card got corrupt ?
- A black screen appears, and a message pops up “‘SD card is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.'”
- Most photos on the SD card are missing or empty.
- You got a message error like “SD card got corrupt” or asking you to format it. (don’t do that).
- And you can see the SD content on your PC or other device.
- Or it recognized by your PC, but it looks like an empty SD card!
There is no guarantee that you will recover your files, but there are 98% that you will recover all your files, unless your SD card had a physical damage, in this case it is almost impossible to repair
1 . command line fix :
Open command line of windows as administrator and type “chkdsk c:/ /f” and wait to complete the reparation.
2. recovery your files
If the chkdsk didn’t fix the SD card issue, you can recovery your content with this amazing application :
Things you do to prevent any corruption of SD card!
- Never remove a memory card while turning on/off your smartphone or other devices.
- Never remove your memory card while your device writing or reading from it .
- Do not take or view new pictures on battery low mode.
- Never change your memory card when your smartphone is on.
- Use SD cards from big brands such as SanDisk, Panasonic, Sony, Kingston, Lexar, Olympus, etc.